Thursday, January 2, 2014

Two years ago, today, I said good-bye as my husband rode off for his second deployment.  I had a decision to make.  Do I sit at home and let myself worry and fret?  Do I get up and do something?  I chose to get up and do something!  I decided to set a goal.  I will lose at least 75lbs before he comes home in year! 
                I ALMOST met my goal.  I was a little disappointed, but how can you be upset when you lose 60lbs?  That’s how much my oldest child weighs.  That’s a whole person!!!!!  I worked really hard, and my focus went from worrying about my husband to bettering myself for WHEN he came home. 
                Today I am face with another decision.  I have to decide if I am going to allow another 6 years before I lose the baby weight, or will I get up and move?  I want to move!  I want to look back a year from now and say “Look at what I did.” I want to set a goal, focus on how to make it happen, and DO IT!
                While my main goal is to become closer to God this year, I feel that bettering my health will only help in facilitating that goal.  Hard work produces discipline.  Discipline can only make me closer in my walk with the Lord.  Besides, if I am not taking care of the “temple” He gave me, I am not honoring Him.  I want to honor Him in every way this year.
                OK, so here are the goals for this year.  Besides being AWESOME, I am aiming to lose (you guessed it) 75lbs.  I am aiming to participate in three 5k races.  I will read the Bible, the entire Bible, in 365 days.  I can do these things! In the end I will have a leaner body,  stronger relationship with God, and I will be able to wear all those clothes I wanted so bad on Zulily today!

2 comments:

  1. You go girl! You are awesome!!!!! I'm here for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sam :) I'm excited for us to start jogging (and I use the word jog loosely) together :)

    ReplyDelete